· Providing technical advice and support to sales opportunities and engaging with technical contacts in customer and reseller partner organizations, to ensure the consultation service provided by company is positioned correctly, understood and any technical objections are overcome. This will include presentations to senior contacts and writing formal RFP response documents. The role will involve close working with channel teams, sales colleagues and input into the qualification and sales strategies in partnership with sales.
· Design compelling solution-based value propositions – identify the customer’s challenges and needs and provide a solution to meet those needs.
· Provide strategic direction and management of our company’s marketing efforts to promote and grow the use of GIS in the middle east markets
· Proactively provide input on potential opportunities, account strategies and the most appropriate solutions for client and prospects.
· Secure input from Professional Services to ensure the proposed solution approach can be successfully implemented.
· Challenge client requirements to influence client thinking on the future application of GIS technology to support our Insight-Led approach to working with our clients and prospects.
· Build and deliver product presentations to prove our company’s ability to meet prospective customer’s business challenges.
· Post Sales and General Technical support will involve working with more complex existing customer environments, overseeing the implementation and integration of any solution resulted by result of consultation service provided by company from a project management perspective, maximizing feature utilization by client and analysis, troubleshooting, and engaging with Service Delivery and the Customer Experience teams to help achieve these goals.
· Provide product expertise, solution recommendations and support throughout the sales cycle.
· Collaborate with the sales team on a day to day basis to qualify, prioritize, schedule, resource and plan activities required to meet outcomes.
· Understand the sales cycle and the consultant’s role in the process and be prepared to challenge the Account Manager as to what is the appropriate approach.
· Contribute a shared collection of demos and presentations to increase the productivity and responsiveness of sales activity.
· Due to the flexible nature of our company the role could involve other technical aspects such as assisting other sales teams and colleagues, working on internal projects and developments as well as working with technology alliance partners.
· Identify the need for specialist skills or additional support and work with your Professional Services Manager to negotiate access to appropriate resources.
· Bachelor’s inGIS, engineering, computer science, or related field
· A minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership, relevant experience, industry knowledge in the local/ federal government, transportation, aviation, and/or mining and exploration domains
· Specific and in-depth knowledge of GIS concepts and technical knowledge; and its practical applications in above mentioned domains
· Extensive knowledge of current capabilities and trends in GIS technology.
· Strong understanding of web, desktop and mobile technologies by displaying appropriate achievements in these areas.
· Demonstrated track record of successfully managing product implementation projects
· Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels within an organization, technical or otherwise
· Effective relationship building skills, with strong collaborative working skills and effective interpersonal and influencing skills
· Proven ability to diagnose a business problem and seek creative and non-standard solutions.
· Strong experience with a broad range of GIS products and services.
· Ability to manage risks, priorities and expectations in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
· Proven record of taking ownership of real customer issues and resolving them under pressure
· Track record of responsibility for project leadership and completion
· Ability to work with and gain input and resources from multiple teams and disciplines
· Strong demonstrable ability to make good judgments and take quick decisions
· Ability and willingness to travel extensively