· Participate in the full software project lifecycle
· Provide GIS technical advice to clients and company.
· Interface with diverse business users to identify, develop and implement custom applications
· Work with a range of development tools specific to GIS
· Implement web technologies effectively to create modern websites
· Deliver multiple standalone GIS projects by architecting and implementing customized web applications, web services, mobile applications, desktop and enterprise solutions
· Integration of GIS components into corporate IT systems (e.g. document management system, FM, PMIS, BIM etc.)
· To support the sales team by suggesting GIS solutions to client problems.
· Troubleshoot issues reported by end users
B.Sc. in Engineering or Computer Science
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work closely with analysts to ensure the solutions developed meets the clients requirements.
· Produce technical designs for client spatial solutions.
· Develop and implement customized client solutions.
· Compile technical documentation for acceptance.
· Ensure that recognized GIS and software development technical standards are followed on all developments.
· Liaise with the IT function to ensure the infrastructure will support the developed solution.
· Act as a point of contact for the GIS/Spatial technical issues.
· Keep abreast of technical developments in the Spatial Market place.
· Willing to be based in Jeddah Saudi Arabia and travel as required to other cities in the Kingdom.
· Qualification in GIS, Geography or software engineering discipline with 3 to 5 years of experience.
· Proven experience in developing geospatial solutions using ESRI suite of products (including ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Mobile, ArcGIS Engine, ArcGIS Desktop ...).
· Ability to rapidly prototype applications to showcase new concepts and ideas
· Demonstrated knowledge of ArcGIS Server 10.0/10.1
· Good knowledge of Esri ArcObjects and Model Builder.
· Experience of developing web based, mobile based and desktop based geospatial solutions using Esri products.
· In-depth experience of Microsoft .NET along with proficiency with ASP.NET(C# or VB.NET), Microsoft Silverlight and Adobe Flex technologies.
· Experience with modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, JSON, RESTful web services) for developing large web-based software solutions
· Responsive design understanding and/or experience
· Familiarity with GML, GeoRSS, GEoJSON and other OGC standards
· Experience with the configuration and operation of IIS web server
· Experience of developing on Mobile GIS platforms desirable (Windows, iOS, Android...)
· Good practical knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle Database(11g preferred) and Esri ArcSDE.
· Strong understanding of SQL
· Solid knowledge of GIS principles and theory including map projections, remote sensing, geodesy, linear referencing, network analysis and cartography
· Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle and good understanding of software development industry standards and processes.
· Experience in software design patterns and techniques including object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD) using the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
· Familiarity with common design patterns used in software development as well as able to apply good software design and development practices in daily activities
· Understanding of service oriented architecture (SOA) methods and web-based technologies.
· Knowledge of GIS data models and standards.
· Microsoft and/or Esri certification is an asset
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to complete many tasks simultaneously to tight deadlines.
· Outstanding and proven problem solving skills, positive attitude and self-motivation
· Ability to perform in a high volume, priority changing environment.
· Ability to master new technologies quickly
· Accuracy and attention to details are critical.
· Ability to work in a team and independently when required.
· Ability to use initiative important.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Be friendly and approachable.
· Courteous, tactful and diplomatic.